Saturday, October 13, 2012

Beanie Burgers & Chips

I've been craving burgers and chips for a while now. But I'm trying to loose a bit of weight so this is what I consider to be a healthier version. Simple butter bean burgers with potato and pumpkin chips.
What you'll need:
1 can butter beans
1/2 grilled onion
1/2 grilled red pepper
1/2 grated/chopped garlic clove
some flat leave parsley
handfull of breadcrumbs
1/2 small egg
salt and pepper
sesame burger buns

Greek yogurt
1/4 grated/chopped garlic clove
1 tsp mayonnaise
salt and pepper

tomatoes
cucumber
some flat leave parsley
salt and pepper
I simply mashed the beans. Chopped up the grilled onion, red pepper and flat leave parsley  Mixed it all together with the garlic, breadcrumbs and a egg. Seasoned it with some salt and pepper and made some patties with it. Then I baked them nice and crispy in some olive oil.

For the chips I washed and wedged the potatoes. Drizzled them with some olive oil and seasoned with rosemary and pepper. I peeled and cut the pumpkin. Drizzled them with some olive oil. Seasoned with pepper and I also added some chopped garlic for a bit of a punch. Pop it in the oven for about 40 minutes at 200 C, turning them over half way. I prefer to season the chips with salt after they're  done.

The sauce was yogurt and garlic, with just a hint of mayo (couldn't resist) and some salt and pepper. I also made a simple salsa from chopped up tomatoes, cucumber and flat leave parsley. Of course salt and pepper again. No, garlic here 'cause there's garlic in the burgers and in the yogurt sauce as well.

Stack your burger on some grilled buns and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment